October 23, 2007

It's a small world afterall

I don’t think we were in Edinburgh for even an hour. We had just rounded the corner onto the Royal Mile when a girl grabbed my arm and said, “Ah, excuse me miss.” It took me a split second to place that her lime green shirt was not the same one my fly guy was wearing and that her face was familiar. Katey?! Turns out it was a girl I used to work with in Victoria and she had been travelling in Europe for 2 months. After touring Edinburgh Castle, having an Iron Bru and baked potato from where else, but The Baked Potato Shop and reinacting Chariot’s of Fire while hiking up the Salisbury Craigs and Arthur’s Seat for an amazing view of the city, we dined at The Tower in the National Museum of Scotland. And, who walks in, but a group of friends and colleagues. The next day I shopped along Victoria Street, my favourite street in the Old Town, and ran into my friend D at the Red Door Gallery. OK, not literally, but his work from when he lived and studied in Edinburgh was still for sale. As we drove out into the country, a car honked at us from behind and I wondered if it was someone we knew. I’m sure it was as we couldn’t possibly have cut someone off as we got used to driving a stick with the opposite hand on the “wrong” side of the road while navigating roundabout after roundabout. By time we got to St. Andrews I was convinced that I might actually run into dreamy Prince William visiting his alma mater. Photos coming soon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the mention! Were you the one person in October who bought a print? Heh. Glad you had an awesome time in Embra!

D.