July 13, 2007

Oh boy

Today may be Friday the 13th, but it has turned out to be the luckiest, most wonderful day in the world for my dear friend, Ness, who gave birth to a beautiful baby boy... Alexander. I can say with confidence that the maternity ward is one place this Travel Girl won’t be going, but I definitely will be visiting little Alex as much as I can. Ness and I have been friends for almost 15 years, but have taken only one trip together... Thailand. Except for a few soggy camping trips around Vancouver Island and the odd shopping spree to IKEA in Vancouver, Ness and I didn’t have much experience as travel companions, but we made a great team. The trip was the perfect mix of city, beach resorts, remote islands and jungle. We shared so many laughs while sharing an amazing country and culture and many of my favourite memories with her are from that trip. As a Travel Girl always on the go, I don’t see Ness as much as I would like to and now that she has had a baby I think it’s pretty safe to say that trip was our first and last. But, I am so excited to share in new memories with her as her life and family chart a new course. "Same same, but different," as the Thai's say. It was once Ness’ dream to go to Thailand, but it is Alex that has made her dreams come true.

No comments: