July 23, 2007

Wet

It’s raining, it’s pouring, the old man is snoring… and so am I. We spent the weekend doing absolutely nothing. It has been raining all week and I have to keep reminding myself that it is July, not January. I can’t remember a summer in recent years where it has rained like this?! Thankfully we didn’t have any guests at the Lake House this weekend. We napped, watched the British Open, napped, watched the FIFA U-20 World Cup Final (Go Argentina!), napped and watched movies. Even my workaholic fly guy did nothing. However, he did manage to waterski each morning, despite the rain, but was more waterlogged from being in the boat than in the lake. As frustrated by the weather as I am, admittedly I didn’t really mind. I love it at the lake, rain or shine. And, since we have guests every single weekend throughout the summer it was nice to have this forced downtime. I long for days like this. Alone at last! Hmm… Wanna invite the neighbours over for dinner?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last weekend was paradise with Fly Girl!!

Mika Ryan said...

I agree, the best weekends are the ones where you never get out of your pj's. I think you can justify anything on rainy days.