January 13, 2008

Vitamin H

Admittedly, I wasn't really looking forward to our Hawaiian holiday. I had a bad feeling that we were not going to have good weather or a good time. I was also skeptical whether I REALLY needed a vacation. I mean I travel ALL the time... did I really want to go on yet another trip? And, 10 days straight with a challenging six-year-old would be both a blessing and a curse. Things didn't start out all that well including POURING rain. But, we woke up to sunshine on New Year's Day... hopefully a good omen for the year to come. I surprised myself by how quickly I adapted to doing absolutely nothing. Every day was spent on the beach and by the pool and I'd wonder if maybe tomorrow I would get bored? But, then I could hardly wait to wake up and do it all over again. It's amazing how time flies when all you are doing is reading and sipping coconut smoothies only to be interrupted by a swim or a little people watching (which incidentally included Trista & Ryan of The Bachelorette fame). It's also amazing how repeatedly hearing "I love you" from the Fly Girl makes you forgive all her whining and crying. My friends tease me because I worship the sun and take suntanning so seriously that I refer to it as my "second job." But, there is something about it that feeds me. And, it's not just the Vitamin D. I am completely consumed by happiness when I'm in the sun... breathing in the beautiful Hawaiian scenery and smells, watching the humpback whales breaching offshore, and playing in the sand and surf with my family. Who was I kidding?! I truly needed this dose of relaxation and rejuvenation. And, Hawaii was the perfect prescription.

1 comment:

optimum nutrition said...

Hi...
That is indeed a very good information on vitamin H and its benefits. I had heard a lot about the vitamins A,B,C,D,E and K. But never knew that vitamin H also exists. Thank you for sharing such a nice information.