December 28, 2007

The next chapter

The year is drawing to a close and so is the life of this blog. When I started it at the beginning of 2007, I decided I would keep it up for one year. Tomorrow, I leave on a 10-day Hawaiian holiday. When I return, this Travel Girl will write one last post about the trip and then this blog will heed its final call for departure. In its place, I am setting new goals for 2008 which loosely centre on the three R’s: reading, writing and arithmetic. OK, not that last one, but I will be ramping up my running again and that starts with “R.” As embarrassing as it is to admit, I don’t read. Of course, I read the newspaper every day, magazines and endless travel articles at work, but I don’t read books. I used to devour books as a kid and then stopped reading for pleasure in university. I always figured that if I had time to be reading, I should be reading a text book. Incidentally I didn’t read those either... it would have cut into my drinking. But, it is never too late to start again and I have my pool-side reading list ready to go. I have received many compliments about my writing on this blog and truly appreciate every single one. I hope to improve and enhance these skills by potentially taking some writing classes over the coming year and beyond. And, finally of course my goals always include working on my well-being, both my physical and mental health, but also the well-being of my family and community. I wish you health and happiness and a very Happy New Year... Aloha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Travel Girl. Thanks for the great blog over the past year.

C