April 2, 2007

Luke, I am your hair stylist

This weekend we went to outer space… the planet of Tatooine. The fly girl was invited to a Stars Wars-themed birthday party and costumes were required. Who does a five-year-old little girl choose to go as? Princess Leia, of course. Her mom took care of the outfit and did a fantastic job, but I was responsible for putting the finishing touches on the costume… the hair. Yikes! As everyone knows, Leia’s exorbitant braided buns are her signature. Thankfully the fly girl's hair is brown and fairly long so I had the natural tools to work with. I did consider adding some hair extensions to the equation, but at $200 a pop… I passed. I also considered picking up a couple of cinnamon buns from my local bakery as back-up, but I didn’t want to take away from the birthday cake. In the end, her hair was easy to do and looked great. Little Princess Leia looked every bit the part and arguably had the best costume at the party. The only thing that was missing as she kept pointing out was Leia’s gun. Hmm… who is the target audience for Star Wars anyway?

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

I've seen you with a very hip, modern version of this hairdo in LA - you looked fabulous!