April 20, 2007

Oprah, Ellen and... Julie?

I am building a resume of daytime TV appearances. It started with a trip to Chicago to see Oprah Winfrey in celebration of my mom’s 60th birthday. Then I shook my booty with Ellen DeGeneres in LA. So, when given the opportunity to attend the CBS Early Show while on business in NYC, I jumped at the chance. I’ve never watched the show and have no idea who the host is (apparently it is Julie Chen among others), but I was in. Unfortunately, I didn’t know the experience would involve standing outside in the pouring rain… a.k.a rent-a-crowd for an outdoor weather segment. It was raining so hard the hosts didn't even come out. Just a handful of colleagues from Canada and I gathered around in our issued yellow rain ponchos as the cameras panned us… cheering, waving and pretending we were happy to be there. That was it… over in a New York minute. We then were expected to wait another hour outside before going in studio. I was willing to give up my whole day to get into Oprah and Ellen, but sorry Julie… forget it. We were out of there. Later the rain let up yet I forgot I was still wearing my $1 Store rain poncho while strolling the streets of NYC amongst all these stylish women wearing their hip, patterned rubber boots. Now that would have made for more interesting TV... or at least an episode of What Not to Wear.

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

As long as we don't see you on Jerry Springer - than your buddies would have to do an intervention.