April 2, 2007

Fly girl

I am blessed to have a little girl in my life who is the daughter of my fly guy and a budding travel girl. At the age of five, she has already been to Australia and New Zealand, Hawaii and Mexico, and several destinations in the U.S. and Canada. I travelled a lot when I was a child and have many fond memories of planes, trains and, yes, even automobiles. Although my mother claims that following a 5-week road trip to Atlantic Canada when I was 11-years-old that I stepped out of the vehicle upon our return to declare, “I am never doing that again!” I think travel is a wonderful gift and mandatory luxury. It teaches us so many life lessons and so much about ourselves. As an adult I can look back and acknowledge that travel is a gift my parents gave me… one I didn’t know I was receiving at the time, but am so grateful for now. And, I am grateful that this is a gift my favourite five-year-old continues to receive. Lucky girl… lucky fly girl.

No comments: