April 8, 2007

To hell and back

I have returned from death’s door. I had just finished 10 days of antibiotics when… WHAM! I was hit by another cold and flu. The worst flu I have had in years… or at least in two weeks. We had planned to spend the easter long weekend at the lake, but instead the only place I have been travelling is between my bed and the couch. So much for chocolate easter eggs instead I’ve been eating Tylenol like candy. The closest I’ve come to hot cross buns is having the sweats and I’ve heralded the arrival of spring with chicken noodle soup rather than baby chicks. I did celebrate religion this easter, however, as I prayed to God to make it stop. Finally, my prayers were answered and my flu broke. Thankfully I had somebunny special to take care of me these past five days and who spoiled me rotten with an easter hunt that was more like Christmas morning! I know, easter is about counting your blessings not your eggs and I have a wonderful family, friends and, in theory, my health… or what’s left of it anyway. I wonder if the easter bunny could bring me a new immune system? Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

I'm so sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but this is damn funny!
Who else could compare the flu to a religious experience?