March 5, 2007

Déjà vu

Exactly 44 hours after returning home from LA I am on a flight back to Cali. This time to San Francisco. We will be using BART rather than Lois to get around the city so in theory should emerge unscathed at week’s end. The only potential damage will be to my waistline after my annual pilgrimage to The Slanted Door in the refurbished Ferry Building as well as to the authentically French and oh-so-charming Café de la Presse. But, I am currently training for a 10k and can’t think of a better city in the world in which to hill train so perhaps a couple of trips up and down Nob Hill will counter my indulgence. Oh, who am I kidding… I can barely walk up the hills let alone run so maybe I’ll save the workout for back home and grab a cable car… and another pain au chocolat.

No comments: