June 19, 2007

Rules of the road

When I am not jetting around the continent and am actually in the office, I walk to and from work every day. OK, OK… most days. I absolutely love this time… sort of the ‘calm before the storm’ of my day. Not to mention getting a workout in and doing my little part to save the planet by not driving to work. A period of time with my thoughts, my music and my musings. And, I tell you… some of the things I see on my walk are some of the most bizarre moments of my day. Case in point... This morning I saw a guy shaving as he drove to work. OK, people. Isn’t it bad enough that everyone is on their cell phone or blackberry while driving. Are we seriously so short on time these days that we have now taken our bathroom into our vehicles? Sure, I’ve put on make-up and even painted my nails while driving, but that’s amateur. My friend Ness once made a salad while driving to a dinner party (and incidentally received rave reviews). What is the weirdest thing you have done while driving?

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

My dad used to work with a guy who got up in the middle of the night - drove for 6 hours to his girlfriends, parents house. He woke up sleeping on the front porch with no memory of how he got there - so he must have been sleep driving. Needless to say Mom and dad were not so impressed.