August 31, 2007

Bon voyage

Today, the fly girl left on a three week holiday to Europe. Not bad for a 5-year-old. She will visit The Netherlands, France and Italy. It has been 10 years, but I have visited all of the places she is going so I am looking forward to hearing her impressions and travel tales from the perspective of a child. She will even celebrate her 6th birthday while in Verona. What a birthday present! Since she is obsessed with princesses I anticipate she will come home with a love of the story of "Prince" Romeo and "Princess" Juliet. If you've been to Verona you know that she'll also likely rub Juliet's boob for good luck... I'm sure this is appropriate within the context, right? On top of this adventure she will not only get to skip out of the first day of school, but essentially the first month of grade 1. But, what an education. She is in French immersion so hopefully some of her early learnings will be applied. While she is away, I on the other hand will enjoy a month without any whining, without any crying, without... Hmm, I miss her already. I think I'll go and watch Dora the Explorer.

No comments: