September 12, 2007

Three times a charm

Three weeks today I am going to Manchester for a conference. Afterwards, we have a free week. Hmm… free. Too many choices, too little time. But, time is running out so after months of procrastination we have FINALLY made a decision where we are going and booked our trip. Three days in Edinburgh. Three days in Belfast. We are splitting the difference and incorporating my fly guy’s desire to golf in Scotland with my desire to visit Northern Ireland having already been to England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Our little circle tour is being made possible by the fact that airfare in the UK is so flippin’ cheap!!! I had always heard this, but it really is true… I even found a flight from Manchester to Belfast for ₤0.00! Zero. Unbelievable. I love a great bargain as much as the next gal, but with prices like that it does make this white knuckle flyer wonder exactly what we'll be travelling in... an empty Guiness can?! Anyway, it will be a quick trip, but armed with a good pair of walking shoes and a crash course in pronunciation from my friend D who lived in “Embra,” we'll do our best to blend in with the locals. Now, where did I put my kilt...?

No comments: