September 14, 2007

Wedding invitation

Today I came home to find an old friend waiting for me. Handwriting that I hadn't seen in years was immediately familiar and I couldn't wait to tear open the envelope. I knew exactly what it was and have been waiting years to see what it would look like. Since she was asked in early school days to create one for a friend. Since that day I have been waiting for her's. Knowing that she would design her own. It would be untraditional and reflect the utmost thought. Just as she shows care and thought towards everyone she knows. And, it didn't disappoint. Inspired by a prairie harvest... an ode to her farmer, her lover. The lyrics to Neil Young's Harvest Moon complement artfully composed, and personally captured, photographs of their life on the farm. My heart was immediately filled and I ran to listen to the song. Will I accept the invitation to Sweet Home Manitoba to celebrate my dear friend...? I do.

No comments: