May 16, 2007

Black out

Zzzzz... I am falling asleep at my desk. I have been working in the dark all day. Not because the power is out, but because the lights have been turned off. I do work for a non-profit organization, but no this is not a ridiculous attempt to cut costs... mind you I don't think that ban on ordering post-it notes has been lifted... Hmm. My office is participating in BC Hydro’s “Turn it off” campaign challenging British Columbians to shut off as many lights and appliances as they can for one day. To add insult to injury I decided this week to try listening to classical music at work in an attempt to keep my stress level down. Anyway, the combination of the two has me planning out how to build a secret George Costanza nap station under my desk. Usually the lights are on, but nobody’s home. Today, the lights are off and I want to go home… to bed. On second thought, perhaps after saving all this energy today, I will instead burn some energy tonight by going for a run. Now where is my measuring tape and hammer…?

No comments: