May 18, 2007

Hometown heros

My fly guy has gone home to Manitoba for his Grandma’s 90th birthday. Long story short… I didn’t go. Let me paint the picture for you. His brother has rented a 30 ft. RV to be their home away from home for the weekend. Yep, Trailer Park Boys… Prairie-style. Apparently his brother even met him at the airport complete with stocked bar and polyester shirt. I spent 18 years waiting to get out of Dodge… I don’t need to visit it, thanks. The big part-y is in Killarney and dozens of relatives are flocking to this small farming town. I bet they’ll even serve rippled chips on paper plates and cubed cheddar cheese and garlic sausage just like classic Manitoba social gatherings always did. And of course true to form for the May long weekend, yesterday it was 29 degrees and today it was 5 degrees. Actually, having lived in Winnipeg, Manitoba holds a special place in my heart right next to my own hometown and I hope my fly guy enjoys the nastalgia of doing whip-a-shitties on the farm, dancing at the Legion and drinking 'til his liver shrivels up into dust… Ah, the good ol' days. Another rum and coke, Julian? F*ckin’ rights, Ricky!

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

Don't forget all the salads made of jello!