May 18, 2007

East meets west

Whoa. As soon as I published that last post I immediately had a comment… from India?! Here I thought no one read my little blog except my mother (and I think even she has stopped reading it) and someone from across the globe found and read my blog. And, liked it I might add. Freaky, but cool. I have to admit I had to look up where Alappuzha, India is… and I call myself a Travel Girl?! Turns out it is in the region of Kerala in South India. With the Arabian Sea to the west, the Western Ghats in the east and networked by 44 rivers, Kerala has unique geographical features that have made it one of the most sought after tourist destinations in India. Referred to as the Venice of the East, it is famous for cruising its backwaters on unique houseboat holidays and for its beautiful beaches. Because this stranger took the time to read about my world, I have now taken the time to learn something about his... an area of the world I otherwise would likely have never known. I guess they call it the world wide web for a reason.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mother does indeed read your postings! India - who knew - from the gentleman's name, I guessed he was from rural Missouri....

M.