February 6, 2007

33

Today is my 33rd birthday. To celebrate we went to Argentina. Well, not quite, but we did go last fall so when I heard about a local restaurant that was offering an international dinner series, I jumped at the chance to experience the Argentina dinner and wine pairing. It was wonderful with langoustine and mango cilantro salad; chili corn flan with mole; escolar with prawn and butternut squash risotto; and of course it wouldn’t be Argentine without beef with chimichurri sauce and dulce de leche for dessert. This was actually the second birthday dinner I enjoyed. The first was created by my fly guy himself who’s cooking easily tops any in-flight meal. Butter lettuce salad with avocado, pine nuts and balsamic; sautéed scallops and prawns in white wine and garlic; Virginian pork with peaches and peppercorns; and chocolate mousse complete with candles for dessert. Dinner was enjoyed with my family followed by a gift opening and lots of hugs and kisses. Well I may be 33, but “Don’t cry for me Argentina"... I’m a very lucky girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi TG

Happy Birthday

L & I are looking forward to your little party at home later today.

C

The Travel Girl... said...

Thanks honey... me too. Thank you for the beautiful sunflowers! xoxo