February 2, 2007

T minus 10k

Flight from Denver on-time at 4:15 pm. Check. 10k running clinic begins at 6:30 pm. Check. I took up running a little over a year ago because as a Travel Girl it is impossible to join any fitness classes. You miss half the classes because you are always on the road and end up wasting your money… and incidentally you do not get fit either. So, I figured if I’m going to be on the road all the time I might as well slap on a pair of running shoes. You can run anywhere, anytime and I love touring the neighbourhoods and sights of the cities I’m visiting by running. I did my first 10k clinic and race last year. My goal: To run the TC 10k in Victoria, BC in less than an hour. Check. My time was 56:46. This year’s goal: To beat that time. Check… back after Sunday, April 29th.

No comments: