February 9, 2007

Open sesame

I received many lovely cards and best wishes for my birthday, and I thank everyone who was so thoughtful. Flowers, wine, spa treatments, Louis Vuitton and jewellery were also among the gifts I opened… what else could a girl want?! Well, you’d think new luggage might be the heart’s desire of a Travel Girl, but this one wanted a garage door opener. Yes, you read that right… a garage door opener. You are probably thinking, “Could there be a less personal gift?!” Well, actually, in a relationship first we acquire the key to one’s heart, then the key to one’s home and then the key to one’s… garage. At least that was the succession in my relationship. Although the only key I really care about keeping a lock on is the first one, I cannot tell you how happy I am to finally drive my car in and out of the garage with ease.

No comments: