February 14, 2007

Heartbeats on Hornby

Valentine’s Day has me thinking about the first trip I took with my fly guy. Both of us often think it was a memorable weekend in San Francisco a couple of years ago, but then recall it was actually to Hornby Island that summer. I don’t know why my memory skips a beat when it comes to this trip because it too was very memorable and my first visit to this island. Although the weather didn’t cooperate, we soaked up every minute on this charming island just off the north central coast of Vancouver Island. It was overcast and misty all weekend, but we didn’t let that dissuade us from visiting the beautiful beaches and were rewarded with some of the most amazing west coast sights I’ve ever seen. Whaler Bay was completely littered with purple sand dollars and Tribune Bay was covered, and I mean covered, with jellyfish the look and size of basketballs. We also spent time hiking the Helliwell Bluffs, touring the art galleries, eating well, sleeping well, and well… falling in love. Perhaps the reason I often have a momentary memory lapse when it comes to this trip to Hornby Island is because my heart was skipping a beat. XO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaah..... Happy Valentine's Day to two of my favourite people! M.

The Travel Girl... said...

Happy Heart Day to you too! I love you, Mom. xo