February 9, 2007

Hooters

I am currently obsessed with owls. And, everyone knows I am afraid of birds. But, for some reason there are owls EVERYWHERE right now. On the fence, in the park, on the fence, in the backyard, on the fence, on my running route, and on the fence. Could it be possible that it is the same owl? Perhaps the owls are an omen. Owls are associated with wisdom and spirituality. Owl eyes are fixed, forcing the bird to look straight ahead. As a result, owls can turn their head a full 270 degrees. Maybe they are a sign that I am too focused on the future and I need to look at the past? Maybe they are a sign that I am about to take flight? Hmm... the smallest owl in the world lives in a cactus in the desert and I am on my way to Arizona, but I don’t think that counts as I’m a Travel Girl… I’m always running for a flight. Maybe they are the re-incarnation of my owl-loving grandmother watching over me? O.K. even I don’t buy that. Or, maybe there are just a lot of mice in the neighbourhood. Whatever the reason, I will enjoy the unique beauty and company of these birds… from afar (note reference to fear of birds above) until they fly away.

No comments: