February 4, 2007

Sin and the City

“The best trip I have ever had to Vegas is still the time I went with you,” said my fly guy over the phone before he has even completed his testosterone-filled Super Bowl weekend in Sin City. He has been almost a dozen times now, but I guess gambling, golfing and gaggling over women with a bunch of other guys isn’t all it’s “stacked” up to be… pun intended. My first and only trip to Las Vegas was for a conference a couple of years ago and my fly guy tagged along. Vegas wasn’t at all the 24-hour party I expected it to be and I actually ended up liking it. We did some amazing things… kayaking from the Hoover Dam down the Colorado River into Arizona, hiking in the desert mountains, behind-the-scenes tours of Cirque de Soleil and Blue Man Group, a night-flight helicopter tour over The Strip, V.I.P access to some of the hottest nightclubs and went to countless shows. I know you are supposed to be wild and crazy while visiting Sin City, but somehow we ended up having this incredibly romantic time?! And, to add insult to injury it was upon our return home that my fly guy asked me to move in with him. Sorry, Sin City! Not tonight, I have a headache. Photo credit: Kerrick James

2 comments:

Mika Ryan said...

Hey Travel Girl, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Keep it up! - (if only for your Mom's sake.) Count me in as one of your faithful readers!

The Travel Girl... said...

Thanks Tommy... likewise! You are my first comment... I'm so excited! I'll have to have a little Travel Girl prize for you next time I see you. Hope you had a great time in Europe with your travel girl.