February 2, 2007

Cleared for take-off

Last week I started my “World Tour 2007.” Every year, I travel the same circuit with a few additions or deviations just to keep things interesting. It always begins in Seattle. But, this year it almost didn’t begin at all. I love Seattle, but it is arguably the least exotic destination I travel to as it is literally in my backyard. Just an easy hop, skip and a jump across the pond. At least that’s the way it is supposed to be. The day of my departure was a beautiful, sunny morning and the valleys and ocean surrounding the airport were covered in an ethereal fog. Hmm, I wonder if this will affect my flight I thought? Yep, my flight was cancelled. But, I can practically see Seattle from here! Well, except for the fog. Ah, the challenges of living on an island. The bad news, back home to wait it out. The good news, I did fly out that afternoon and arrived in Seattle just in time for my event. If only I had my own tour bus.

No comments: